What To Bring on your guided Fly Fishing trip in Port O'Connor:
- Polarized glasses brown, copper, & amber lenses work best along the Texas coastline.
- Sunscreen days are long & shade is limited.
- Hat with a dark or black under brim.
- Ice water will be provided as part of the kick plastic campaign.
- Lunch can be provided, but is needed nonetheless.
- Non-marking shoes, but it is highly recommend to fish shoeless so you can feel if you are standing on your line.
- Tackle: Capt. Owen has high-quality gear but feel more than welcome to bring your own. 7-9 weight rods are perfect.
- Flies will be provided, but also feel free to bring your own selection & Capt. Owen can pick one out for any situation.
- Artificial baits & spin or baitcast rods will also be on hand for customers that would like to sight fish, but do not fly fish.
*Full day trips run 8-10 hours, half day trips last 4 hours. We will be shallow water fly fishing and sight casting along the Texas coast for redfish, but won't pass up many opportunities to hook drum, trout, flounder or sheepshead.